VUWSA to hold Bomb-building workshop

A rare VUWSA campaign action is set to almost take place this Saturday, at a VUWSA and Education Action Group run day of speakers, discussion, planning and eating.

The day, amusingly titled ‘How to Build a Bomb’, includes speakers Rebecca Mathews from NZUSA speaking on fees, loans and debt; Tushara Kodikara, VUWSA Environmental Officer, speaking on sustainability, sustainable campuses and tertiary education; Grace Millar speaking on women in tertiary education, plus a guest speaker on Maori in tertiary education.

VUWSA Campaigns Coordinator Katrina Tamaira says the day is an opportunity for students to voice their opinions as well as hear from people who have the experience of running student campaigns. The day is fully catered, and attendees are encouraged to meet some fellow students over a cup of tea or coffee.

The program starts at 9:45am in Meeting Room 1, Student Union Building, Kelburn Campus.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Jenn says:

I think Rebecca actually works at AUS? She used to work at NZUSA a few years ago.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos