AGM and election dates set

O’Kane practising quorum-counting in anticipation

The date for the VUWSA General Election has been tentatively reset for September 21-27.

It was originally tentatively set for September 14-20. The date depends on the appointment of a Returning Officer, which must be done 31 days before the election.

VUWSA is now advertising for the Returning Officer position. More information can be found at: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Jobs/Education/Tertiary/auction-114472124.htm?key=884379

The VUWSA Annual General Meeting has been scheduled for September 19. At the AGM, the VUWSA exec will present a half-year report and statement of accounts to 30 June.

Constitutional amendments can be submitted up to 14 days prior to the meeting, and general business may be dealt with at the AGM.

Quorum for the AGM is 100 people. VUWSA’s Initial General Meeting in May struggled to gain quorum, and became inquorate after a count found only 39 people were still in attendance.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. VUWSA has changed the date of the election to September 21-27 due to the time required to appoint a Returning Officer, and a constitutional oversight of what are ‘office days’. This story has been updated – Salient will carry an update with further information in the next issue.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn