AGM and election dates set

O’Kane practising quorum-counting in anticipation

The date for the VUWSA General Election has been tentatively reset for September 21-27.

It was originally tentatively set for September 14-20. The date depends on the appointment of a Returning Officer, which must be done 31 days before the election.

VUWSA is now advertising for the Returning Officer position. More information can be found at: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Jobs/Education/Tertiary/auction-114472124.htm?key=884379

The VUWSA Annual General Meeting has been scheduled for September 19. At the AGM, the VUWSA exec will present a half-year report and statement of accounts to 30 June.

Constitutional amendments can be submitted up to 14 days prior to the meeting, and general business may be dealt with at the AGM.

Quorum for the AGM is 100 people. VUWSA’s Initial General Meeting in May struggled to gain quorum, and became inquorate after a count found only 39 people were still in attendance.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. VUWSA has changed the date of the election to September 21-27 due to the time required to appoint a Returning Officer, and a constitutional oversight of what are ‘office days’. This story has been updated – Salient will carry an update with further information in the next issue.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this