No leads in M&M machine attack

An official from Mars Inc, the company which manufacture M&Ms, has made a statement to Salient, following two separate incidents involving M&M machines in the Student Union Building.

Salient last week reported that an M&M machine was viciously attacked and held hostage in the building between July 20 and 21. Six weeks earlier, another machine was kidnapped from the building. The attackers are yet to be caught.

Mars Inc. Vending Customer Careline Administrator Louise Kelly says the attacks are unusual, as “it has been our experience that most of our consumers have a love for our chocolate rather than the machine that dispenses them.”

“It certainly sounds as if someone from within your university community has a fetish for the vending machines. It is very disappointing to hear that the culprit did not eat the M&Ms before roping it to a pole.”

Union officials told Salient police have no leads, and that it is unlikely the M&Ms machine will return to work.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Jean-Michel says:

This is quite clearly the greatest tragedy in VUW history.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos