Snow Games team smaller than previous years

The deadline for Snow Games registrations and payments has passed, with 25 students signed up – less interest received than last year.

Team Manager Brent Hayward says there are “a few stragglers that should make the team up to 30”, and attributes the lesser interest to the added cost of flying, rather than driving, to Christchurch.

To help meet the costs, Team Vic are holding a party at the Establishment on Tuesday, August 21. Tickets are $5, and can be purchased from the competitors.

Hayward says Vic has “never been a top three competitor, due to our size”, and the difficulty of being a travelling team compared with the proximity of the South Island universities.

However, Hayward says the team usually has competitors with “unknown abilities”, who give the southerners a run for their money.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos