Vic students receive Building Research Awards

Three Victoria students have received Building Research Project Awards, each worth $6000.

Richard Watt, Matthew Colson and Jessica Bennett are Building Science Honours students in the School of Architecture and Design.

Colson is investigating quality assurance in thermal simulation. His research will compare New Zealand standards with those from around the world to help identify areas in which national guidelines are lacking in detail.

Watt is specializing in environmental science and will study the energy use and environmental performance of commercial and institutional buildings. He will research whether energy targets should be incorporated into the New Zealand Building Code.

Bennett’s research investigates the relationship between natural ventilation and apartment design. She aims to find if it would be possible to develop a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ matrix for natural ventilation design which takes into account different apartment designs and features.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Issue 14, Vol 81: Queerlient
  2. Vegan Choc Chip Cookies
  3. Words Cut Loose
  4. Corduroy – “The Usual” Single Review
  5. Nanette
  6. Alex Strangelove
  7. The Normal Heart
  8. Analysing the Queer Content in Children’s Puberty Books
  9. Podcasts Are For the Gays
  10. From the Archives