AGM this Wednesday: Salient finally gets the time right

Six motions have been proposed for VUWSA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday.

VUWSA Environmental Officer Tushara Kodikara has expressed outrage over a motion by Bevan Callaghan regarding removing the Queer Officer and Environmental Officer, and creating a ‘Representative Organisations Officer’.

The motion states that the Rep Groups Officer would be the liason point for VicCom, STUDIO, LSS and PGSA, along with all other ‘Representative Organisations’.

Kodikara says the motion is “ludicrous”, and would mean that the student voice on University environmental issues would be abolished.

VUWSA Treasurer Alexander Neilson has also proposed a Constitutional amendment – that a third Vice President’s position, Administration, be created in place of the Treasurer.

The Administration Vice President would retain many of the same duties and goals, as well as that of Acting President in the absence of the President and other Vice Presidents.

Other motions include recognising Vic Earth and the Education Action Group as representative organizations.

The VUWSA exec will also present a half-year report and statement of accounts to 30 June. General business may be dealt with at the AGM.

The AGM takes place at 1pm on September 19 at Mount Street Bar and Café. Quorum is 100 students.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. The AGM has just occured. callaghans ammnedment was defeated, but all the others (apart from the one making the EAG a rep group which was withdrawn, and the one from Sonny Thomas, with the code of conduct, which was ultra-vires) passed. All the voters were by convincing margins.

1. Eye on Exec
  2. The Bizarre Double Take of Arrested Development Season Four
  3. The “F” Word
  4. Bill McKibben Interview
  5. Terrible, Thanks for Asking
  6. “Drain the Swamp!” No Seriously Donald, People are Falling In
  7. Joshua Kingsford: Bear With Me
  8. Greenwashing: It’s Not Easy Being a Conscious Consumer
  9. Political Round-up
  10. Royal Wedding Reactions on the Streets on London