September 17, 2007 | by  | in Features |

International Officer Candidates

Bradley Jacques

Bradley JacquesI’m Brad A-Team Jacques, and I believe in what the A-Team stands for and plans to do for the whole University Community if elected, this includes the way we plan to advocate for International Students, so that they get a better deal out of our uni. I am studying International Relations, and have experience in working with people from all over the world. I seek to represent them here at Vic.
Please visit the A-Team website, www.a-team.org.nz

What’s the coolest thing about New Zealand?
The coolest thing about New Zealand is how diverse yet friendly it’s many cultures are.

What do international students lack at Victoria?
International Students need the VUW itself to take more onus role in ensuring international students’ welfare; after-all they are paying so much in fees to the university, but getting so little from it.

William Wu

William WuHi everyone my name is William Wu. Originally I am from China and came here to learn more about NZ culture. I have enjoyed my time here in NZ in the time which I have gone through many issues which international students all face.

I’m a self-motivated and open-minded and I feel passionate to help international students settle in NZ, introduce them to this great country and assist them with any issues at the same time make sure they enjoy their time here through fun events. I represent a strong voice on behalf of all international students.

The coolest thing about NZ is the multicultural society. There is a wide range of people from many different backgrounds which makes it easy to meet people from other backgrounds. The people here are generally very friendly and I like the fact kiwis are willing to learn about other cultures.

They lack a voice in the university, which I want to change, so that the university hears our voices. Provide International students more opportunities to improve English and social events through programmes such as News-Watch. I can contribute my experience into ongoing improvement of Victoria University’s service for international students.

1