New look SJS calling for students to apply now

A new look has been unveiled for Student Job Search, as they prepare for the summer onslaught of students looking for employment. SJS team leader Justin Flitter is excited to announce the “fresh, flash, simple” new website which he hails as “very significant” for both students and employers alike.

Flitter says a lot of work has gone into the updated site, which after three years of the old format, was due for a change. The new style “now puts SJS up to speed with other recruitment agencies” and their technology.

The development is the first step of many in updating SJS, says Flitter, who has been instrumental in rejuvenating the layout of the Mount Street office.

These changes come as SJS enters its busiest period of the year. Last year, students who gained summer employment earned over $5 million in Wellington alone. This year SJS is aiming to see students earn over $47 million nationwide.

Flitter has been fielding numerous calls daily from employers looking to fill positions already.

“To avoid the queues, which stretch right out the door, and get the best jobs, I would advise students to be pro-active and register now,” says Flitter.

Employers like to have staff sorted early, and all the best opportunities get snapped up quickly, says Flitter.

1. In NZ.
  2. The Party Line ~ Issue 04
  3. Mental Health Wānanga Celebrates Work, Looks to the Future
  4. Sustainability on Salamanca: VUW working on environmental impact
  5. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  6. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  7. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  8. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  9. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  10. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands

In NZ.

: When my mother gave me my name, it was a name she couldn’t pronounce. The harsh accents of the Arabic language eluded the Pākehā tongue. Growing up, I always felt more comfortable introducing myself as she knew me—Mah-dee or Ma-ha-dee—just about anything that made me feel