Student Guide behind schedule, but hopefully coming soon

This year’s annual Student Guide is yet to be produced, following delays by VUWSA in collecting and compiling information.

The Guide, which contains student ratings of first year courses, as well as information on hostels, loans and allowances and university life, is distributed to high school students thinking about coming to Victoria the following year – and is usually completed by this stage in the year.

VUWSA Education Vice President Joel Cosgrove, who was also responsible for creating last year’s Student Guide, says the delays result from him being sick during “key weeks” of the magazine’s production and a “breakdown in the process of how it’s actually produced.”

“It hasn’t been fun dealing with it but we’ve realized the weakness in the process of creating it. What we’ve identified is a number of gaps that need to be sorted out.”

Cosgrove says that he is currently looking at ways to better the systems of information between VUWSA and high school students, including through VUWSA’s website.

Cosgrove anticipates that the magazine will be completed and distributed in the next few weeks.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.