Study at Vic Day gets bigger, despite no increase in numbers

Around 3000 pupils and secondary students attended Study at Vic Day on August 24, with some witnesses reporting feeling slightly overwhelmed by the volume of 17-year-olds in the Quad.

Student recruitment manager Susan Harper says around the same number attended as at last year’s open day, and that “there was widespread interest in most of the displays and information points, and we’ve received excellent feedback about the day and the diversity of information available.”

“The displays on the Overbridge, from the commerce, arts, and social sciences [faculties] were particularly popular, as were those from science and engineering,” says Harper.

Harper says it is too early to anticipate enrolment levels for next year.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1