Two new staff for USNZ

University Sport New Zealand last month announced two new appointments for the positions of Executive Director and National Events Manager.

Former Executive Director Jim Ellis left USNZ to take up the position of CEO at Equestrian Sports NZ on September 1, and former National Events Manager Jake Wilkins will move to the New Zealand Olympic Committee.

David Pearce, a former Assistant Chef-de-Mission for the 2003 and 2005 World University Games, is the new Executive Director. Pearce has experience with the New Zealand Rugby Union, SPARC and ACC.

Australian Jodi Thomas has been appointed National Events Manager. Thomas has experience as Event Manager for Surf Life Saving NSW. She will be primarily responsible for the 2008 University Games being hosted by Rotorua.

Both Pearce and Thomas attended last week’s Uni Snow Games in Wanaka.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos