Two new staff for USNZ

University Sport New Zealand last month announced two new appointments for the positions of Executive Director and National Events Manager.

Former Executive Director Jim Ellis left USNZ to take up the position of CEO at Equestrian Sports NZ on September 1, and former National Events Manager Jake Wilkins will move to the New Zealand Olympic Committee.

David Pearce, a former Assistant Chef-de-Mission for the 2003 and 2005 World University Games, is the new Executive Director. Pearce has experience with the New Zealand Rugby Union, SPARC and ACC.

Australian Jodi Thomas has been appointed National Events Manager. Thomas has experience as Event Manager for Surf Life Saving NSW. She will be primarily responsible for the 2008 University Games being hosted by Rotorua.

Both Pearce and Thomas attended last week’s Uni Snow Games in Wanaka.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.