Vic fails to win at Snow Games, beats Massey Wellington

The University Snow Games, held in Wanaka over the holidays, saw Vic produce a couple of decent results, despite the dominance of the southern universities.

The team of 27 competitors managed to beat Massey Wellington – Clubs Development Officer Brent Hayward’s goal all along.

The team failed to achieve Hayward’s other two goals – to win the boat race and to win a medal.

Snow Games Team Manager Mark Davis hails the event as an overall success: “it was a really good week, better than last year, and better organised.”

Vic had two very good results in the girls’ competition, reaching 4th and 5th places in the Slalom, and 6th place overall. Davis was pleased with this, saying “in reality we weren’t going to beat the huge teams from the south.”

On the social scene, the Vic team had better luck, winning 2nd place in the Snow King and Queen competition.

Overall, says Davis, “it was a great week, with everyone enjoying themselves, and getting to know one another really well.”

1. Upstairs says:

Wow, big goals Brent! And well done with the Snow King comp. Who won? Ha ha…