September 28, 2007 | by  | in Opinion |

VUWSA Election Results and Candidates’ Reactions

Results and reactions posted here, as they come in.

Salient is a magazine. Salient is a website. Salient is an institution founded in 1938 to cater to the whim and fancy of students of Victoria University. We are partly funded by VUWSA and partly by gold bullion that was discovered under a pile of old Salients from the 40's. Salient welcomes your participation in debate on all the issues that we present to you, and if you're a student of Victoria University then you're more than welcome to drop in and have tea and scones with the contributors of this little rag in our little hideaway that overlooks Wellington.

1. Ken Slugg says:

Now I don’t know much about student politics, but down on the farm if the Mrs says I’m to be in for dinner and she says “7pm” then I bloody well make sure she’s got dinner on the table by 7pm. Who are these buggers saying 7pm, and not even serving up some cold-cuts at quart-to-nine?

2. Nick Archer says:

Results will be posted soon (as YouTube processes the video), much drama as usual on VUWSA election nights…

3. I always fail at the simplest tasks. Those damn sausages.

Oh well I can take BBQ 101 again next trimester

Congrats to all winners, commiserations to all runners up.

Regards
    Alexander

4. Oh dear god, it’s me on camera, drunk. Might have to send this to TV3 as a job application..

5. splofl says:

Nah Laura, you need to look promiscuous as well. Well… more promiscuous.

6. blogette says:

agreed

7. blogette says:

who is the hottie in the “shape” hair design to the right of this box, she is a little hottie

8. Nick Archer says:

Yep, I think everyone was drunk after a long wait…

Congratulations to the winning candidates and commiserations to the runners up…

9. blogette says:

is there any truth to the rumour the a-team are gonna complain about salient in the last week for breaching the constuttion

10. Nick Archer says:

Salient didn’t breach the constitution as you will read in next week’s Salient…

11. Tim says:

After Paul’s performance last night, i’m wishing I had voted for the other guy :(

12. I couldn’t stay last night to see the results. One piece of good news for me, is that Joel got the presidency and thus I will soon (hopefully) get free internet to see the video above. Unfortunately at the moment I can only access the internet from university, and watching videos costs money on my SCS account, so it would be helpfull if someone could write the text of what the candidates said here

13. Nik says:

What’s with Lukas’ weird twitching?I know it’s a totally facetious comment, but, eh, WTF?

14. blogette says:

fuck you nik he probably has a twitch problem. thats whats with it.

15. The reverend Paul Danger Brown says:

My god I had a hang over the next day. It was a fairly interesting night for me with some candidates showing their true colors. I’m looking forward to working with Joel and Melissa this year for the students and a strong Association.

16. blogette@b says:

your an embarassment Rev Brown with your video
    pretty rude about the a-team, why can’t you show respect

17. Georgie Dickson says:

Yussss
    Wish I could’ve been there!