BOOBS holds safe-sex workshop complete with educational videos

The Brotherhood of Ordained Bogan Students (BOOBS) last week held a safe-sex workshop on campus to inform and educate students on what is safe sex.

Guest speakers, including a former employee of the AIDS Foundation and muff-diving expert VUWSA Queer Rights Officer Rachael Wright, led discussions.

‘Educational’ videos were shown – following consultation with the University’s Counselling Service.

BOOBS President Reverend Paul Danger Brown says he consulted with the Counselling Service over whether showing videos with safe-sex scenes was “pushing the boundaries of student conduct”, and received their full support.

Around 40 people attended, with an even split between the sexes.

Brown says the event was extremely successful: “The BOOBS workshop this evening with demonstrational videos was amazing.

The education videos were educational and unparalleled. There were plenty of demonstrations of dental dams. None of them tasted very good. And muff-diving expert Reverend Rachael Wright led an informed discussion.”

Brown feels that more safe-sex workshops should be held on campus, “provided the informational videos are free-flowing and stimulate more discussion.”

Brown says the group also conducted genital wart inspections, and that one person in attendance may have set a new world record.

Salient was disturbed after around 50 left-over condoms were given to VUWSA Treasurer Alexander Neilson, who proceeded to wave them around the Salient office in a clear plastic bag, before informing the office of when his last supply expired.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. Hello sex interested people: We are sex educators who run sex workshops for people who want to do ‘it’ better and have more fun doing ‘it’.

Dr Mars and Nurse Blair are happy to come and do a talk for you sometime.

give us a call 021979373 or email

cheers Michelle and Blair