Campus Angels to boost user-ship

Campus Angels, the oft-forgotten VUWSA service which gets students staying late at Vic home safely, is encouraging more students to take up the service.

VUWSA Acting Welfare Vice President Reverend Paul Danger Brown says the service includes ‘angels’ who walk students home or call them a taxi from the Pipitea or Kelburn libraries, or who give them the contacts of a VUWSA staff or exec member or inform them about bus and train timetables.

The service generally runs in term time and Brown says it “plays an important role in ensuring the safety of students who are staying late at Victoria”.

Brown says sponsorship to purchase cellphones for the Angels is being looked at, as these are “essential safety tools”.

“I will also be purchasing some snappy new uniforms and pretty banners for our people to reflect the service that is already provided.”

Brown encourages students to take advantage of the service. “All those who are employed by VUWSA for this important role are friendly and very approachable so people should approach our Angels to ask them more about the service – we’re truly lucky to have such a team of Angels.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. rob says:

God bless you Campus Angels

2. Evee says:

Almost sounds like a certain fascist organisation.

3. Evee says:

“I will also be purchasing some snappy new jackboots and pretty truncheons for our people to reflect the service that is already provided.”

4. ron "genocide all day, alternative medicine all night" paul says:

first they came for the rapists

1