News In Knickers

NZ Education Counsellor to South Korea appointed

Dion Burns has been appointed New Zealand’s education counsellor to South Korea, Acting Tertiary Education Minister Steve Maharey announced last week.

Burns will be based in Seoul at the New Zealand Embassy from mid-October 2007. His focus will be to foster a long-term education relationship with South Korea.

In 2006 South Korea was the second largest source of international students to New Zealand (15,067), behind China.

Burns most recently worked for the New Zealand Vice-Chancellors’ Committee in Wellington as a Senior Policy Analyst (International). He has university-level teaching experience in both the United States and Japan, and completed a Masters in International Relations at Victoria University of Wellington.

Salient news ed feels weird looking up travel website..

A new website with a funny name is offering help for travellers, with information about hostels, jobs, recruiters, classifieds, travel, people, products and services.

There are pages for over 20 countries, with information ranging from rafting in Panama to skiing in Austria. The website is ideal for anyone planning a trip or already travelling and looking for something to entertain them.

The website is www.dickandfanny.com

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

1. My Attention is Broke
  2. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  3. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube