October 4, 2007 | by  | in Online Only |

One week of VUWSA dreams to go

My second-to-last production night is now over – at only 8:45pm. Tony and Steve aren’t quite as lucky – they’ll be staying up all night to get your favourite magazine finished, but I’m a zippy machine (who hates late nights, and has 3000 words on Flight of the Conchords due on Monday).

The ASPAs – the highlight of the student press year – are on Saturday night, and it should be rad. Thanks heaps to Nicola, Sean, Shalee, Jon and Waren – and the rest of the ASPA crew – for making it happen. I’m up for Best News Writer (paid), which is convenient as I’m Salient’s only paid news writer. So keep your fingers crossed. Oh, and Matt Russell – if you beat me I may vom on you.

I’m looking forward to the Salient year being over, for one very lame, self-involved reason. No more dreams about Salient and VUWSA. Just the other day I dreamt I was helping Alexander Neilson with his accounting homework, which involved teaching him how to play Sudoku. Then there was the time me and Stacey stole bed linen from Freedom Furniture, and a nightmare in which I was Harry Potter, running away from Voldemort to the Salient office, but having to hunt through back issues to help out some avid Salient fan before I escaped. Weird.

Despite being glad to leave (although it’s a bit late in the year to make any difference to my abominable grades), I’ll be unemployed and possibly in the dole queue one week from today.

And I’m still yet to write a blog which doesn’t mention VUWSA. Maybe next year I’ll run for President on a platform of ‘Good looks and personality’. Someone has to.

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Burmeselev.Com » One week of VUWSA dreams to go | October 4, 2007
  1. Well well well

You know you are in trouble when you start having dreams about me (most people would have labelled any dreams they had about me as nightmares). But soon you will be free as a bird to dream “mainstream” dreams.

Good luck for the final production week

Regards
    Alexander

1