October 1, 2007 | by  | in Film |

Razzle Dazzle: A Journey Into Dance

I was eager to see this new Australian film, as I am for all Aussie films, as I love just about everything that the industry comes up with. I have to say though, I was disappointed with the movie on the whole and found it very tedious and at times wanted to leave the cinema.

I found myself shifting around in my seat, spacing in and out every now and then and pretty much wanting to leave.

Now, that’s not to say I didn’t find parts of the movie bearable – witty and funny bits were splashed about everywhere. When it came to piecing the whole movie together however, it just fell flat.

Kerry Armstrong is the exception. I found myself sitting up in my seat and smiling every time she came on screen because each scene she was in was hilarious and bright. Jane Hall also gave a very good performance. The five-second appearance by one of my favourite actresses Rachel Gordon was little more than a blink-and-you’d-miss-it scene, which was disappointing because she deserves so much more than what she is given.

All in all, Razzle Dazzle gave it a fair go, but with the majority of the adult audience it didn’t match the hype it received before the movie came out. Young kids would enjoy it for the singing and dancing routines, and I’m sure many adults could find something they liked about it as well.

DARREN ASHTON

1. Dear Daddy Dave
  2. The Weekly Planet
  3. Throwback T-Swizzle: Speak Now
  4. Books to Films
  5. Books to Films
  6. Still Life with Chickens
  7. Silicon Valley Season 5
  8. The Adam Portraiture Award is Anachronistic and Goofy and I Love It
  9. Things Fall Apart
  10. Nothing Looks Better Than a Head Between Your Thighs Feels and Other Shit Chat