February 6, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

Change? Yes we can.

Its not every year that so many fantastical global, and domestic political events occur in such rapid succession. My partner in crime Jackson Wood has already blogged an extensive list, citing the (numerous) elections, debates and sporting events.

New Zealand’s election is sure to be contentious, and there is a real sense among the New Zealand populace that there is a lot at stake here, much more so than usual. If the excitement generated here in New Zealand by the mere US party nominations is any indication, come September there will be political pundits positively drowning in pre-election fervor.

Jackson, has posted a short list of predictions for the coming year so its only fair that I should post mine;

1. Barrack Obama will win the Democrat Presidential Nomination, John McCain will receive the republican nomination – with Obama triumphing in the presidential election.

2. Hillary Clinton will turn down the opportunity to be Obama’s running mate

3. New Zealand will win five gold medals at the Olympics, Papua New Guinea will win none.

4. Labour will narrowly loose the next election, but the incoming National government will not repeal the Crimes (Section 59 Amendment) Bill, nor the Electoral Finance Act

5. There will be rumors of a leadership challenge to the Labour party by Phil Goff

6. The rapture won’t arrive. Again.

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Pages tagged "papua new guinea" | February 6, 2008
  1. peteremcc says:

I agree, National probably won’t repeat the S59 & EFA debacles. They probably will repeal them though. ;)

Oh and add the Foreshore and Seabed to the list too.

2. No. 6 will disappoint a USAian friend, who is fond of saying she cannot wait for the rapture to arrive, since the pentecostal crowd will ascend to heaven and she’ll get her country back…

3. Michael J. Oliver says:

6a: Mitt Romney’s own unique brand of eternal damnation will consist of massaging Jimmy Carter’s balls in hell.

4. Jackson Wood says:

Damn I was counting on the rapture arriving this time around so I didn’t have to pay my student loan back.