February 18, 2008 | by  | in Opinion |

Orientation Events – Week 1

February 27

Cultural Clubs Day in the Quad

From 10am to 3pm, Victoria’s many cultural clubs will host stalls in the Kelburn Quad. There will be hobby groups ranging from the Good Food Club to the Science Fiction Club, human rights and justice groups, political parties, religious groups and language clubs.

February 28

Sports Clubs Day in the Quad

From 10am to 3pm, the Sports Clubs will attempt to cajole you into flailing your limbs in
whichever code they represent, be it rugger, Goju Ryu Karate, or debating.

February 29

Pipitea Festival

Old Government Buildings, 10am onwards – Free
To ensure Law and Commerce students don’t miss out, the VUWSA-affiliated sporting and
cultural clubs stalls move their stalls to Pipitea campus, accompanied by many intriguing
side-shows. Last year performers such as Wing and The Clogghoppers graced the stage, and
sponsors fought over your souls and wallets with carnival rides and attractions. ASB will bring
an inflatable tennis speed serve, the German International Exchange Program will host a football-shooting wall, and the Department of Building and Housing will have apple bobbing. V will give away a performance car(!) and Arise Church will be walking around in sumo suits handing out free candyfloss. There will also be a licensed area for, ahem, refreshments.