March 24, 2008 | by  | in Music |

Album Review – Logistics – Reality Checkpoint

Logistics (aka Matt Gresham) is a prolific drum and bass producer hailing from Cambridge, England. He runs a club night named Spoonfed in his hometown with his brother Nu Tone (incidentally another well know producer) and breakthrough artists of last year Commix. He has been signed to Hospital Records since 2004, a label which has upped the level of soulful, softer drum & bass over the last 12 years.

Other artists on the label alongside Matt include London Electricity (live drum & bass act likened to New Zealand’s own Shapeshifter), Cyantific, Q-Project and High Contrast.

Logistics last offering was his debut album two years back entitled Now More Than Ever, a critically acclaimed album which won BBC 1Xtra’s 2007 Xtra Bass award. Tracks like ‘Juno 6′ and ‘Girl From Mars’ have been rinsed over the recent years and are some (to name a few) that you may recognise.

His latest offering Reality Checkpoint comes out March 24th and contains 15 fresh new tracks from the Hospital recruit. The album has a very similar sound to his first offering with tracks like ‘Glitch’ and the title track ‘Reality Checkpoint’ following the formulated Logistics style. A few surprises do emerge though, the first being ‘Cold World’ which rears off to the slowed down pace of Dubstep (a genre steadily gaining momentum). The other is a techno/electro infused number ‘Cocoon’ which you will either love or hate. My pick is the fast paced roller ‘Waiting Line’ a tune I have had my ears peeled for and similar to the epic ‘Release the Pressure’ from years before. The album ends on a high with the melodic ‘Back Where We Started’ rounding it off. Reality Checkpoint is overall a good listen with Logistics following in the footsteps of his first album.

Rating: 6.5/10