Big City Life

In celebration of our imminent departure, we had a shindig at the ol’ bar last night. With a generous tab and relatively good turn out, it doesn’t make for as good a story as our original party. You see, as well as having to move home and ship the cats off to Grandma’s Paradise boarding cattery, another victim of our delayed move to Wellington was comrade and soon to be roomie Rochelle and my leaving drinks at work.

After being called in early two Fridays ago to cover my hungover boss, I finished work that night keen for a drink and excited to be alive. I left to shower and get changed (not having done this earlier due to Dave’s “hurry up, I’m dying” txts) only to come back to an empty bar and no friends to play with! I presume everyone thought that since we were here for longer that the party would be pushed back. I daren’t think otherwise… otherwise being that none of my coworkers cared to show up and I’m not as awesome as I think I am. I don’t know how much any of you might have heard about that big cruise ship that’s been docking at ports in our neck of the woods and causing chaos at bars and cafes everywhere but in Napier, it was big news because when it arrived here on Saturday traffic was gridlocked for hours, there were people everywhere and sections of Napier near the port were being blocked off by the police. I would have loved to see this madness for myself but I was rushed off my feet in our own mad world serving all these idiots who were having a gawk. It’s a boat people. Big fucking whoop.

This one’s been a bit work orientated – it’s been all work actually but hey, next week I’m not going to have a job so I might as well make use of the material as I can. I will need to find a job though. Quite desperately. Does anyone know if a bar girl at a strip club would get good tips? Or would you just get lured into the seedy underbelly of the industry and end up stripping anyway? I’ll tell you if I find out.

1