Big City Life

Almost a week ago we finally moved to Wellington. Our first night at the house was spent sans furniture but on the booze so it was a good night had by all really. Except for Rochelle who went to bed early only to be intermittently disturbed by door slamming (why, I’m not too sure), heated debate over cat “love” and then by us jumping into the only bed in the house with her at 4am.

Flatting’s fun. You can stay up till 5.30 betting when the sun’s going to rise. You can make a wall of moving boxes to confuse your drunk flatmate when they stumble through their bedroom door. That’s all I can think of actually. I should change the above to: flatting’s mundane and we make fun of it where we can.

Despite the amount of free time I’ve had so far I haven’t really done any exploring. I don’t know about the general unemployed population but when I don’t have a job I tend to sleep a lot. Today I woke up at 9, napped at 12 and 4 and am still tired.

I can’t wait for normal life to kick in. Next week throws a spanner in the works because I’m going to Sydney for the night to see Incubus, Auckland for the Chemical Brothers and then back home to do a week’s work in three days. I’d best get into it soon after that though. I’m eating up my savings and developing a gut.

So not all that much big city living going on just yet. Infact, I haven’t even thought of the song unless in relation to the column. I would like to mention though, that for the record, I know Incubus played here last week, and I don’t think my cat loves me. Yours doesn’t love you either. See you next week!

10. International Queer in Review