Big City Life

I haven’t actually spent all that much time in Wellington so far. For the last week I’ve been jetsetting from city to city- Sydney and Auckland specifically- to see Incubus and the Chemical Brothers.

I left Wellington for Auckland a week after arriving. My flight to Sydney was at 5am the next morning so with all the naievity of an unseasoned traveller I decided to sleep at the airport. What a joke. It’s impossible to sleep there. By 3.30 I’d given up completely. The airport by night is a disgusting wasteland of despair – the waste being the enormity of the building and the total and constant lighting throughout. Does the tv need to be on all night? I don’t think they change the volume on that thing EVER. During the day it’s painfully quiet and at night it’s unbearably loud. The despair was me by the way.

Incubus played at an old theme park right across the harbour and underneath the bridge. The setting was perfect. It’s a picture that I cannot paint with mere words. And unfortunately it’s a picture I didn’t take because I am too paranoid to ever take my camera to a concert. But that’s probably a good thing, because trying to take pictures and videos at a show can be distracting and distraction is what I didn’t need because Incubus were freaking AMAZING. I don’t know what I was expecting but I certainly wasn’t expecting what I got. Brandon Boyd is a fantastic showman, and they put on a seamless performance. What energy! I didn’t stop moving the entire time. Again, words cannot express how magnificent the show was. I have bands that are further up the ranks than Incubus but that was the BEST CONCERT OF MY LIFE.

Stay tuned until next week where I am finally the crazy girl dancing by herself at a show that I have always secretly admired. Awesome.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn