March 25, 2008 | by  | in Film Online Only |

Internet hosted Machinema finally comes of age…

Machinema, the use of computer software (usually developer programs for computer games) has been prevalent for quite some time now. The old machinema were corny loves stories and heart felt, but ultimately tame love story’s and Hero worship – usually on the Half Life engine.

But finally Machinema has come of age — check out these two absolutely awesome pieces of cinematic creativity.

The first is by Monty Oum, and features an epic battle between characters from FF (Final Fantasy) and DoA (Dead or Alive) — it’s absolutely astounding.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/193489.html

(Game Trailers wont let me embed :’| )

The second is from the prevalent Machinema makers Lit Fuse Productions, using the Half Life 2 Engine and TF2 characters, it creates an awesome — if somewhat sad account of the life of the Pyro. The in game cinematography is outrageously impressive.

Enjoy!

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.