March 11, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

Things that fucked me off today.

A lot of things annoyed me today. Please peruse my Tuesday rant.

1. Morons sending Letters to the Dominion Post.

Sorry *insert conservative here* from Thorndon – the reason marijuana is called dope is not because it makes you “dopey” it instead refers to the chemical dopamine, which is released in the brain during the pleasure/reward pathway that is activated while ingesting narcotics. Dope was a generic term used to refer to most narcotics in their earliest stages of public consumption. Argh! You are ignorant and dumb.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

2. The Pope and the Catholic Church’s sin millEveryone knows that the doctrine of sin is just a rouse by the church to keep people coming back. Merely a thinly veiled entrapment method to buttress the church as an institution. Some of their sins were ridiculous – Genetic Modification? Sinful? That’s outrageous, GM is probably one of the last hopes for humanity as a species. Transhumanists, I support you. Furthermore – they classed excessive wealth as a sin, well the Church is pretty guilty there itself – we all know it sits upon piles of Nazi gold. So Popey – I’m not very happy with you.

null

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

3. Jackson Wood

He emailed me and said that he pooped in my marmite. That wasn’t funny Jackson, you ruined my lifetime love of the stuff.

null

>

>

>

>

>

>
>

>

>

>

>

4. New Zealand’s nuclear free legislation

C’mon people. Stop being so bloody dogmatic about nuclear free stuff. Pebble bed reactors are bloody safe, and are probably the answer to the third world’s energy crisis. And they are cheap! Sure NZ doesn’t need Nuclear power now, but we could at least talk more about it – instead of clinging on to this scary thought that the evil monster from deepest darkest Ukraine could raise its poorly maintained head again. Newsflash – a World Health report found no corroboration between radiation and birth defects in Chernobyl or the surrounding areas. There are also no places left in Britain where radiation levels are too high to farm. Anyone who tells you so is lying.

>

>

>

>>

>
>

>

>>

>

>
>
>

>

>

>

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

1. Jackson Wood says:

Oh Conrad I am touched that I fucked you off… I am fucked off with you for crapping in my marmelade! What the fuck is up with that?

I sugest you try vegeminte, promite, or any of the plethora of rip offs that abound our supermarket shelves.

2. It just wont be the same Jackson. It just wont be.

/sob

3. matt the truck says:

I am fucked off too!

4. Jackson Wood says:

Me too! Lets form a club on campus.
    Students who are fucked off and want you to know about it knitting circle
    or SFKKC.

5. graeme edgeler says:

Conrad – New Zealand’s anti-nuclear legislation does not stop us building a nuclear power plant. It stops us from allowing nuclear-armed or nuclear-powered ships into our waters.

Anyone wanting to build a nuclear power plant (pebble bed or otherwise) just needs to go through the same resource consent process that someone wanting to build a wind or gas or hydro plant does.

6. Karl Marx says:

I dont think that was point of conrad’s rant Graeme. I think it was more the fact that some crazy hippy nzers seem to have an ideological opposition to nuclear technology – and that is represented by the nuclear free legislation

7. Jackson Wood says:

Top 5 things that fucked me off today:
    1. People who reside in Totara Park (Racists)
    2. Back sweats (Wind blows shirt onto back… ugh)
    3. My own uselessness at spelling/grammar (self explanitory)
    4. Conrad Reyners (do I need a reason really?)
    5. The anti kid lids on meths bottles (A sipper lid would be much better)

Graeme: I think Conrad meant to question our abhorrence to nuclear power, more than abhorrence to nuclear weaponary/power vessels. Perhaps a bad title to that section. ‘Legislation’ could perhaps be replaced with ‘stance’.

8. Graeme Burton says:

Things that fucked me off today: Having one fully fucntional leg, hair loss and greying trigged by advanced trauma and shock, limited internet access (meaning this blog is the closest I get to the sweaty smell of student sex). Fuck.

9. matt the truck says:

Pebble bed reactors aren’t that safe. The graphite pebbles can catch on fire. The amount of waste produced is more than that off other nuclear reactors, and therefore need more trunks to transport them away from site, therefore more potential to accidents. There was one accident (I believe in Germany), and this country has so much potential for renewable energy. The process may be ‘carbon neutral’, but this is debatable.

In a couple decades, nano paints will most likely be on the market. This will provide enough energy for households.

10. I will admit, Nano Paint is fucking cool.

But they still need to solve that Grey Goo problem…

11. matt the truck says:

Grey goo is a lie.. a myth that has been proven wrong years ago… http://www.crnano.org/BD-Goo.htm

12. “However, goo type systems do not appear to be ruled out by the laws of physics, and we can’t ignore the possibility that someone could deliberately combine all the requirements listed above. Drexler’s 1986 statement can therefore be updated: We cannot afford criminally irresponsible misuse of powerful technologies.”

Just don’t let Graeme Burton get a hold of it…

13. Jackson Wood says:

That only took you two days to figure out?

14. I know, amazing huh. I studied it soooo hard.

15. Felicia Jollygoodfellow says:

What fucks me off the most is the smell of cooked mutton. I’m talking about the politically, morally and spiritually dead sheep of this generation. The kind of dumbarses who ask Auntie Helen, or Uncle John, “What is that lovely smell?”, “It’s your arse on the barbecue, would you like some mint sauce with that?”

Don’t trust the government. Any government – a vote is just a bribe by a future dictator. Start thinking and empowering your selves.

Don’t trust so-called life scientists who say GM is safe, when they acknowledge that they don’t know what it will do to the environment or to the food chain. Buy organic food instead.

Nuclear reactors are not safe. If you numb nuts don’t buy the political reasons, try a moral one. Ask the indigenous people of anywhere where uranium is mined, or where their government dumps nuclear waste, whether they like nuclear power. Why do we need more power stations anyway? Young and naive sheep, tell your future corporate masters to consume less energy. Nuclear freedom is for everyone, not just the crazy hippies.

Fuck marmite and any New Zealand made good. You little sheep happily consume any good or service that capitalism provides for you, irrespective of the exploitation that goes into producing it, the effects on the environment and whether it is good for you or not. Vegemite tastes better anyway.

Jackson, do you want to buy a ‘K’, as you only have two of them in your proposed knitting club?

16. Against Sodomania

It is a fact that gays and those still in their wardrobes are dirty and filthy. Many are increasingly opting for rubber-free sodomy, why? I myself have been asked to sodomise two males recently – without prophylactic security. I do not mind sodomy but I get soft WITHOUT rubber – I need the rubber to get turned on. Do already established gays and secret gays want to get AIDS? Please advice sought – this common habit seems so bizarre. I notice the normal male desires sodomy as well. What’s up with that?

17. Joseph Weasel-Stalin says:

Dear Polly, I suggest a pvc body-suit. Why let any part of your body be exposed, when you can be completely covered by rubber?

18. Polly Wannacracker says:

Thanks Joe W. Stalin, you’re my hero. I’m a bit of an old-fashioned girl though, by rubber I mean condom – I know you know this, im just sick of those dirrrrty dirrrty gays. yucky, sticky-stinky mick boing-boing. Speakin’ of mick, don’t even go there, i can’t stand dry micks either, I like em’ slippery. I’m sick of all this relativism too.

19. Felicia Jollygoodfellow says:

Us Weasel-Stalinists don’t like ‘Slippery Mick’ either, our name for Mikhail Gorbachev, the destroyer of proud Russia Union of Soviet Socialist Commie Bastards (USSCB). We will return to conquer the entire world and all working peoples will once again drive Skoda!

20. Tom Cruise says:

I just got all confused by this sexy chat and jollied myself a milkglove…

1