Vic cricket team administers righteous ass kicking

Victoria University were the winners of the 2008 New Zealand University Cricket Championship held in Palmerston North last week. The students, ranging from first years to postgraduates, won three out of four games and defeated defending champions Auckland University of Technology in the final by an impressive 103 runs.

Captain James Boyle says the team dominating batting performance was a big reason for the win. The team has had a successful season in the Hazlett Trophy division in Wellington.

Victoria’s performance did not go unnoticed. Five members – James Boyle, Nick Waden, Mathan Thevakulasingam, Adam Clark and Neil Badenhurst – were selected for the University Cricket Team.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,