AUT’s Business School wins business award

Auckland University of Technology’s (AUT) Business School has been named New Zealand’s best business educator at the Vero Excellence in Business Support Awards for 2008.

The awards recognise small-to-medium businesses that make up 96% of all businesses in New Zealand.

The AUT Business School was among 48 finalists in 11 award categories. Other entrants in the education provider category included the University of Otago, Lincoln, Massey and Canterbury Universities, the Knowledge Gym and the Results Group.

According to Vero Insurance’s chief executive Roger Bell, finalists were chosen after a “rigorous and objective evaluation” by the New Zealand Business Excellence Foundation, which manages the awards.

Bell added that the winners represented “the top of the crop.”

AUT’s real-world approach to teaching its business degree – including strong links with industry leaders (who also contribute to curriculum development) and a unique co-op internship programme – was a key factor in its success.

“The AUT Business School joins the prestigious list of award-winners that demonstrate international levels of best practice in their businesses and have quality support as a key ‘point of difference,’” Bell said.

1. alex says:

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America