Eye on Exec

The Exec spent the first half-hour of their meeting talking with BDO Spicers, who had kindly trudged all the way up Kelburn hill to explain the scope of their review of VUWSA’s administration and finances. While I would love to tell you some of the details of this discussion, due to a dastardly act of press censorship (or, as is more likely, a typo) the agenda the Exec sent out for their meeting told Salient that it began at 6pm rather than 5:30, so…. Yeah. Instead of witnessing the ins and outs of the Exec’s attempts to dig VUWSA out of financial strife, I arrived for a nice bit of conversing about flu shots: Welfare Vice-President Melissa Barnard explained how she was bringing free flu-shots to our satellite campuses.

President Joel Cosgrove and Campaigns Officer Sonny Thomas then detailed their planning for the next day’s $10 billion student debt protest. This consisted in dropping off leaflets and intentionally not calling the police to prepare them for a march down Lambton Quay. As we discovered the next day, MAWSA had liaised with them anyway.

Speaking of MAWSA, following planning for the protest, most of the Exec began a general bitching session about their Massey counterparts before moving into committee. They briefly moved out of committee for the meeting’s chairperson Barnard to pass the motion “That VUWSA form a working party consisting of Joel Cosgrove, Katie de Roo, Paul Brown and Alexander Neilson, pending acceptance, to liaise on any issues relating to NZSM,” (given the disagreement over exactly how NZSM student levies are split between VUWSA and MAWSA). The motion was unanimously accepted after Barnard’s initial motion, “That VUWSA forms a working party to work out how to invade Massey University,” was rejected.

The meeting then came out of committee and promptly ended, allowing Barnard and UniQ President Nathan Cooper to discuss Max Mosley’s Nazi sex antics.

Tristan Egarr edited in 2008. He threw a chair once.

1. My first Eye on Exec mention!
    Funnily, I always knew it would be somehow linked to a Sex-scandal…

2. Sonny Thomas says:

Very accurate reporting, impressed. However, I do not recall Nazi sex antics, Nathan can you please enlighten us?

3. Haha, I hadn’t heard of it at the time, because I live under a rock, but Melissa and Tristan were kind enough to fill me in, before I promptly went home to Wikipedia Max Mosley..

Long story short, he’s the president of FIA, which governs Formula One – and all those other Car-Sports which I know nothing about – and he was recently alleged to have had a Sex Party with several prostitutes and Nazi-roleplaying.

A lot of people think he should resign. At least one person thinks he shouldn’t.
    I’m inclined to think that either way, Formula One itself is going to remain as boring as ever.

4. Nathan: “but Melissa and Tristan were kind enough to fill me in”

5. And given that Mosley is the son of Oswald, the leader of the British fascists – Hitler attended his wedding – I doubt that wee Max’s antics were simply a bit of a laff…

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America