From the Treasury Benches: Bus Tickets

Bus tickets, funded by VUWSA, are available to students studying courses on the same day on more than one campus. However many students seem to not know about how to get them or the rules around them so we have decided to remind everyone.

First things first, the tickets are only for use on the trips between classes that are on your timetable, the number of trips needed per week will be checked when you are issued with your ticket and if you have been using more trips than are on your timetable you will be unable to get a new ticket.

We do understand that students have tutorials that you often need to travel for, to have these recognised we need a letter signed by your course co-ordinator stating your name, the time and the room of the tute.
You also need to bring in your old ticket when requesting a new one so that the date it was issued on can be checked along with checking that students are only getting one at a time.

There has been some lenience shown in the first weeks of term around people forgetting to bring their old tickets in but now without the old ticket you will be unable to get a new one.

If anyone has any problems with tickets or and concerns about how the system is running please get in touch with me, my details are at the end of the article.

And if any students have any issues with something at university and you can’t or don’t want to approach the university yourself please come in and see us and we can help you out.

Alexander Neilson
Vice-President (Administration)
avp@vuwsa.org.nz 04 463 6716
021 329 681

To get a bus ticket bring:
1. Timetable (Printed off student records)
2. Your ID Card
3. Your old bus ticket
4. A letter from your course co-ordinator with tute details on it (if needed)

To one of our offices:
Kelburn:
Ground Floor
Student Union Building

Pipitea:
G08
Government Building

Karori:
Student common room

1. My Attention is Broke
  2. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  3. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube