April 28, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

Leaflet from pro-Olympics rally

These are the two sides of an A4 peace of paper I picked up from the march before it left Pipitea campus.

Tristan Egarr edited in 2008. He threw a chair once.

1. Kerry says:

Notorious right-wing organisation ‘Reporters without borders’????

Next they’ll be saying that Médecins sans Frontiers, another French liberal, occupationally-aligned lobby group, who also perform medical interventions in war-torn countries, is right-wing as well.

Have they not heard of the socialist bias in French social policy????

This is so pathetic it’s laughable, except or the fact that the chinese students so carefully cultivated by our university under the slogan ‘capitalist expansion of China’ have turned out to be just as dictatorially inclined as Mao’s Red Guards ever were.

Caution in approaching the ‘new China’ is now demonstrated to have been advisable, all along. Some of this shrieking invective sounds very like bullying.

China & it’s student citizens appear not to know that politics and the Olympics have been entangled for most of the 20th century, with boycotts against variously, Russia, South Africa, and I vaguely remember some south-east-asian country, but not sure on that one. Some of the Baltic States, in the ’80’s?

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America