May 12, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

And you call Salient racist… at least we aren’t in Italy…

The Berlusconi show is back in town folks, and with it comes the whole fucking circus. Particularly the man tipped to be Italy’s new deputy Prime Minister – Roberto Calderoli. The leader of the anti-immigration Northern-League party.

Foreign Policy does a great job of describing this new player on the European political field:

Italy’s new deputy prime minister is likely to be Roberto Calderoli, a guy who proudly wears T-shirts emblazoned with the Danish Mohammed cartoons, promoted a “pig day” protest in a Muslim neighborhood, and, after the Italian team’s World Cup victory, dismissed their French opponents as “negroes, communists and Muslims.”

He makes Winston Peters and Peter Brown look positively welcoming. And thats not all that Berlusconi has been up to. He has promoted Mara Cafagna to be the minister of gender equality. Her previous work experience involves topless dancing, and being the former ‘Miss Italy’. While im sure that’s no reflection on her governing ability, it is interesting to note that her and Berlusconi have a history. With him offering to marry her at a banquet and then reminding her of the ancient medieval tradition of the Lord of the Manor (presumably him) having the right to deflower any virgin on his property (presumably her). Riveting stuff. Oh, and he has also been quoted as stating that “right wing women are more attractive”.

Bob Clarkson eat your heart out.

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough