May 19, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

The Family Party releases it latest promo video

The Family Party, the political party that formed from the ashes of DestinyNZ and Gordon Copeland’s failed bid at holy political matrimony, have released their new election video. It’s new leader, Richard Lewis, sure cuts a dapper figure in a white T and a leather jacket. Check it out after the jump.

The Family Party is the re-emergence of the DestinyNZ party after Gordon Copeland split to form the more moderate Christian “Kiwi” party. The new add is very slick, if a little bit odd. There are some very odd gambling innuendos. I’m not sure if Family First were going with the whole ‘don’t gamble your vote’ thing; but it just comes across as the intro to one of the underground street poker movies a la “Snatch”. The final scene is also a bit odd. Richard Lewis cuts an imposing figure, as he struts through the rain on K road, before he picks his son up from where he had previously left him alone out in the cold. Thats some great parenting right there. It sure does pick a whole new spin on the perception of dreary evangelist politicians. These dudes have chutzpah!

And at the end of the day, it cant be worse than the National Party’s ‘introduction to John Key’ DVD.

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

1. Chris says:

Whew knew the family party were into leather jackets and cheap Ramstein cover bands?

The video seemed entirely sinister and not what I’d expect from a ‘christian’ or ‘family’ party. Obviously this is one family that watches too much police 10/7.

Such a positive and uplifting voice for our future.

2. Chris says:

… excuse obvious spelling error.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough