One actor, 25 Characters, 3 Epic Films

Written and performed by Charles Ross

Following sellout performances in the USA, Canada and the UK in 2007, revered comedian Charles Ross makes his NZ debut this festival season in Auckland and Wellington with the smash hit show that delivers 3 epic films at hyperspeed – ONE MAN STAR WARS™ TRILOGY.

Ross, a Star Wars addict, who had seen the trilogy over 400 times by age ten brings to life all of the characters from the iconic trilogy including Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, C3PO, Chewbacca and Darth Vader. Acclaimed for his physicality and the sheer energy of his performance he sings the music, fights the battles, creates the special effects and condenses the plots of all three original films into just one amazing hour without the aid of props or costumes. Ross has been inducted as a Friend of the Canadian division of the 501st Legion, the world’s definitive Imperial Costuming Organisation.

WELLINGTON
Tues May 20th – Fri 25th 7.30pm and Sat 6pm / 8:30pm Soundings Theatre, Tepapa Booking now from TICKETEK: 0800 TICKETEK (0800 245 5385)

Salient has an opening night (Tuesday 20 May) double pass to One Man Star Wars to give away to the first person to come up to our office (level 2, Student Union Building) drunk and dressed as Darth Vadar.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos