May 26, 2008 | by  | in Music |

Salient Mix-tape Mayhem #3-Songs to Leave a Party To…

Taking the spirit of New Zealand Music Month by the horns, I bring you the mix-tape of ‘New Zealand songs that, if you are unlucky enough to hear at any raging party, signal that it has reached that fateful point, the time to grab your coat, gloves, hat and scarves (it’s fucking cold at the moment, and you know that once you get outside you will freeze your tits off if you don’t have enough layers) and get the hell out of there’.

1) Venus – The Feelers. Played on an acoustic guitar by some guy whose repertoire includes Venus, What I Got by Sublime and Green Day, time of your life.
2) Zed – Renegade Fighter.
3) Tadpole – Back Door. Out I go…
4) Elemeno P – Fast Times in Tahoe. Too fast for me……
5) Dei Hamo – We Gon Ride. Leave quickly, remove your hat and your shoes, and quickly put your cellphones in your underwear. the riders are coming out to play-ay.
6) K’Lee – Can U Feel Me (Feat. Brotha D). “I wanna feel you/ Sugar honey pie/ Got the keys to the jeep/ So let’s go for a ride”.

Apart from being shit lyrics, the idea is hardly practical, especially considering the current economic climate, rising petrol prices and all…
7) TrueBliss – Tonight. Tonight is the night that someone really really lame is about to get laid. Big time. Most likely in the middle of the lounge where they have been necking in the middle of the dancefloor for over an hour.
8) Rubicon – Who Would call a kid Bruce Anyway. Just because you were in Shortland St, it doesn’t mean you should front a band and use your household fame to launch an average 3 piece. What’s wrong with the name Bruce. Blake is worse to be honest.
9) One Day Ahead – Eye TV, it was 2001. Let it go.
10) Good Night Nurse. When you hear these guys on the stereo, you know it’s definately time to say good night… nurse?

PS – Thank you everyone for all your support and help. And for reading our music pages. We’ll miss you all. If the new music editor is rubbish, send hate mail. Thank you for not sending us any. Sorry if we slagged off your band, or a band you liked.

1. There’s a New Editor
1