May 7, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

The economist’s latest marketing strategy?

The good folks at Foriegn Policy blog, has just found a gem by the teenage rap duo Psikotic. Its a fairly lame rap singing the praises of the Economist magazine. I bloody love the economist, have a listen.

Heres a sneak preview:

“He reads the Economist so he can get the gist, its solid competence gives him confidence that his intelligence is correct. Yes, they have a bias; it’s pro-democratic. And pro-free trade; they are very emphatic.”

Check it out here.

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

1. Superior Mind says:

Sweet as nerd-hop homie.

2. Martin Amis says:

Econmist is a liberal-ragbag. Fuck it.

3. chris says:

how come every time I read a blog post on this site there’s a spelling mistake. Eight lines on this post, at least four spelling and grammatical errors. This is appalling. Even the title is incorrect. Get another job, Conrad, or learn how to write.

4. While i’m normally the first to point out Conrad’s inadequacies I do think you are being a tad pedantic. Its just a blog post and is hardly worth getting someone who can spell to write it. “appalling”? try being appalled over things that actually matter, international aid workers aren’t being allowed into Myanmar but you seem to care more about the dalliances of Conrad. Either you have a secret crush on Mr Reyners or just hate Asians, What one is it chris?

5. Gibbon says:

Perhaps the difference is that chris can’t do anything about Myanmar but he can perhaps fix Conrad a little?