Dude, what’s with metal?

Okay. What the fuck is with metal?

There’s the obvious ‘this apparently comes from a rock, but it doesn’t look like a rock to me’. So there’s that. And that’s pretty fuckin’ weird.

But weirder is that for the metal to be forged into something, it needs to be forged in something. So you have this liquid metal, that you’ve somehow melted in a fire. Okay, I get that. But now you’re going to pour it into a mould so you can freeze it into the desired shape. That’s cool too. But the mould can’t be made from wood, ‘cause it would burn, or rock, ‘cause it would shatter. So the mould is made from metal!?

That makes sense. The mould is made first. But it’s made in a mould made from metal. So how the FUCK was the first mould made?

Metal is weird.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos