May 5, 2008 | by  | in Opinion |

Wuthering Heights – Kate Bush

Out on the wiley, windy moors
We’d roll and fall in green.
You had a temper like my jealousy:
Too hot, too greedy.
How could you leave me,
When I needed to possess you?
I hated you. I loved you, too.

Bad dreams in the night.
They told me I was going to lose the fight,
Leave behind my wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights.

Heathcliff, it’s me–Cathy.
Come home. I’m so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Heathcliff, it’s me–Cathy.
Come home. I’m so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Ooh, it gets dark! It gets lonely,
On the other side from you.
I pine a lot. I find the lot
Falls through without you.
I’m coming back, love.
Cruel Heathcliff, my one dream,
My only master.

Too long I roam in the night.
I’m coming back to his side, to put it right.
I’m coming home to wuthering, wuthering,
Wuthering Heights,

Heathcliff, it’s me–Cathy.
Come home. I’m so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Heathcliff, it’s me–Cathy.
Come home. I’m so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Ooh! Let me have it.
Let me grab your soul away.
Ooh! Let me have it.
Let me grab your soul away.
You know it’s me–Cathy!

Heathcliff, it’s me–Cathy.
Come home. I’m so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Heathcliff, it’s me–Cathy.
Come home. I’m so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Heathcliff, it’s me–Cathy.
Come home. I’m so cold!

Salient is a magazine. Salient is a website. Salient is an institution founded in 1938 to cater to the whim and fancy of students of Victoria University. We are partly funded by VUWSA and partly by gold bullion that was discovered under a pile of old Salients from the 40's. Salient welcomes your participation in debate on all the issues that we present to you, and if you're a student of Victoria University then you're more than welcome to drop in and have tea and scones with the contributors of this little rag in our little hideaway that overlooks Wellington.

1. Gibbon says:

I find these little poems/stories/songs to be rather pointless and annoying, and so never read them.
    You’ve got a space in which you can put across a message. Why not utilise it?
    Gib

2. Leemur says:

Oh ploise, its genius. And who says Kate Bush doesn’t have a message?
    Also…It’s apparent you do read the column. Kudos.

3. Nicole Skews says:

Bobby, next week can we have Peaches?

4. Bobby says:

Sorry Nicole,
    I went and acted like a total jerk and actually wrote a column for next week… sorry!

I guess they are kinda pointless… but I think ‘annoying’ is a bit harsh. Kate Bush is gold, and far better to read -lyrics alone- than my humble column

xx

5. Patrick says:

*sigh*

Gibbon, I don’t care what you say, I heart Kate Bush.

Thank you Bobby, you lightened my day, hope your column can do the same next week!

6. Kerry says:

Yep, Bobby,
    that column was a sub-editing highlight on the night, and I confess to having known most of the words by heart when it first came out – co-incidentally having just copied it into i-tunes in the last fortnight due to 80’s retro enthusiasm – so thanks a bunch for that. :-)

There’s a whole lot more Kate that’s good, too. But I won’t get all OCD onya & List my fav’s. Just have a hunt round limewire for y’selves!!

7. Shaun says:

Pointless yes, Annoying a little. As a half closet dweller I usually use the column as something to relate to, and I guess as a first year with a artistically sheltered childhood, poems and stories I don’t understand I can’t relate to ALL that much.

I guess it makes waiting till next weeks column all that much better.