June 4, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

The fat lady is warming up her singing voice…

Barrack Hussein Obama is nearly over the threshold of votes required for the democrat presidential nomination. He only needs forty more votes to put him over the magic 2,118 needed. The last contests in the race have only parried each other, despite late stage showings from Clinton in states such as Puerto Rico. It seems that Americans really do want change, what ever that means.

Its widely expected that Clinton will concede defeat to Obama sometime today (our time) or very close to it. The question now becomes: What do the Democrats do with the huge rift that has been torn open by Clinton’s elongated campaign. I blogged earlier about how dissastisfied I was with her clinging on to the very end, due to her own pride and hubris. Well, now, millions of dollars lighter and without anything to show for it — she better have a solution.

To be fair, not everything rests on Clinton’s ability to patch up the acrimonious relationship between the two. There are rumblings from the democrats about turning the other cheek and allowing Clinton back into the fold as a running mate. For that to be successful Clinton needs to tow the line, its going to be quite a step down for her.

However, without Clinton’s endorsement at least, white lower class Americans may vote by not voting at all. Edwards’ endorsement is not enough to win over key states like Michigan and Iowa in a national election. Her and Obama need to sit down and strategically manage the next few days. Because if there ever was a time where the Democrats would lose the unloseble election, it’d be now.

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

1. A. Mendes says:

I’ve been State-side for this whole process. The truth is, Hillary lost the nomination on Super Tuesday back in February; she just didn’t have the math. Her reason for not conceding, in my opinion, is that she has bills to pay (recall how she’s financially mangled her entier campaign). Her people have been on all morning news programs shamelessly plugging for online campaign donations, as recent as two weeks ago.

But keep in mind, if Hills wants to be V.P., Obama can’t stop her. There are two roll calls at the convention: one for President, one for Vice-President. You can say no to the Clintons once but you can’t say no to them twice, especially given the fact that nearly half the delegates at the convention want to see her on the ticket.

Then there’s always the possibility of Hills going all “Lieberman” on us and running as an independent. Either way, it’s gonna be quite the show. But then again, it always is. This isn’t my first rodeo.

2. Nick Archer says:

The Fat Lady is on the stage today as Obama now 4 votes short and this is before the results of South Dakota and Montana from 31 delegates four delegates are easy.

Race for the Democratic Party presumptive nominee officially over today!

ABOUT TIME!

Unfortunately A.Mendes is right we probably won’t see the last of Hillary, which really sucks!

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough