July 21, 2008 | by  |

Eye on Exec

Oh, the exec, those sneaky critters. In a rare display of punctuality, the exec started this week’s meeting early while I was up in the Salient office trying to will myself off the sofa.

Upon my arrival, President Joel Cosgrove insisted that the meeting had just started. I was doubtful as it was obvious they were in the middle of an official discussion and my mum always told me not to trust a man with too much facial hair.

An upgrade to the library and quad area is in the pipeline. The exec discussed these upgrades off the record once they realised it was something students might actually care about. An opportunity for students to give feedback on said upgrades (that I’m not allowed to talk about) is scheduled for September.

The exec went off the record a further six times during this meeting for “reasons of commercial sensitivity” and “personal privacy,” so I am running very low on actual material that I can use in this column.

Things did start to look up when Welfare Vice- President Melissa Barnard arrived, drink in hand.

I was also very taken with Stefan Tyler’s fake cat ears. Then, out of pure boredom, I started to imagine him as a giant cat complete with a collar inscribed “Snuggles.” I felt like throwing a ball of yarn at him just to see if he would chase it.

Like every other single 2008 exec meeting Seamus Thomas said nothing… Not once. Due to a lack of funds, the women’s budget may have to “eat into other budgets.” The yearly funding allocation for the cause is currently $2000.

Cosgrove discussed the importance of ensuring the sport and recreation needs of students are met. He also dropped his trip to Australia into the exec’s discussions wherever possible.

Almost like he was trying to justify unnecessary expenditure. Hmm.

1. Queer
  2. Defaulters on borrowed time
  3. Trans 102
  4. On Hair and Gender
  5. 30 Years of Pride
  6. Saying Grace
  7. We Need Community
  8. Billy Maverick Bourbon and Cola
  9. Beard Culture
  10. In Review: Demented Architecture

Most popular

1. The police are decriminalising weed in New Zealand 184 views
  2. Trans 102 122 views
  3. Fuck the haters and Give Up Your Dreams 81 views
  4. On Hair and Gender 75 views
  5. Can the Hipster Survive in Wellington? 59 views
  6. A gentleman always lets his lady cum first 43 views
  7. Defaulters on borrowed time 35 views
  8. Beautiful Bodies 29 views
  9. Puffer Jackets 26 views
  10. The Bresolin Brothers 22 views
weed

The police are decriminalising weed in New Zealand

: Why have cannabis-related arrests halved while use has remained the same? There’s a simple answer: the Police are decriminalising cannabis in New Zealand