July 12, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

Who needs WMDs when you’ve got photoshop.

The Iranians stunned the world recently when they showed images of them firing four missiles simultaneously in a show of strength and intimidation weapons test. But what those crafty Iranian’s didn’t know is that our keen western eyes can spot even the best doctored images, and it turned out that test was not quite as scary as we all thought. Images after the jump.

Original photo that was circulated around all the world’s leading newspapers:

Photo showing similar segments.

Suspected new Iranian super weapon in development;

Those sneaky Iranians, what will they think of next!

(hat tip : FP blog)

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

1. Gibbon says:

Hi,
    I know this is a somewhat arbitrary place to write this, but I was wondering where the President’s Column was in this week’s issue of Salient.
    I thought it was part of the Salient’s job to publish this every week?
    Cheers
    Gib

2. Jackson Wood says:

I’m pretty sure we can’t publish one if the president doesn’t send us one.

Not the first time the current president hasn’t submitted copy on time: http://www.salient.org.nz/columns/president/presidents-column

I thought it was part of the President’s job to write this every week.

3. Gibbon says:

So what does Joel do with his (and the student’s) time, then?

4. He pisses on the floor, allll the time

5. James Malthus says:

He then goes to a protest that only he and two of his friends turn up to. Passers-by confuse him for a homeless bum and throw coins at his feet.

6. Coal Jossgrove says:

I saw him the the Collins Room with those buddies for a workers party meeting. I’m pretty sure they were eating Pizza Hutt pizza and drinking Tui beer.

Which is startling as Pizza Hutt is a global corporation with a poor workers rights record (many cases of them screwing over workers here in NZ, not to mention our brothers in China) and Tui Brewaries which not only exploits their workers but is also highly sexist with their employment policies. Damn those hot hot Tui girls… I wanted a job there.

7. Arya Reais-Parsi says: