You really don’t want more money

All this talk of tax cuts has got people scatty, their pupils reflecting great big dollar signs and background music sounds like “chaching”. But if you take a moment to reflect you’ll realise you don’t really want that money.

The whole purpose of a government is to govern – and that pretty much translates to ‘tell the people what to do and how to do it otherwise we will all run rampant and the world will be just horrible’. And that is why we elect them; because we are too lazy/ greedy/unaware to be able to look after ourselves.

The government is better at doing everything than you. Any time you think it would be better to make a decision for yourself, just stop right there cos you’re kidding yourself. The government is smarter and better advised than you are in everything – and that includes how best to spend your money. You’re a university student who has a student loan that you have to pay back but no dependants. So trust them when they say that it is for the good of the whole country to take your money and put it into Working for Families Tax Credits so that beneficiaries can do what they do best, benefit. The government is wise and understands that beneficiaries or people on low incomes spending money that they have not earned will make the economy far more productive than if you spent the money that you earned.

And aren’t you glad that money is put into making public health care accessible? (Admittedly you only go to the doctor once a year and if you have something serious you use health insurance to see a specialist before you die waiting) The government is there looking out for all peoples of New Zealand. We have to work as a community, like a team. You’re only as good as your weakest player and the government understands this. So stop bitching about money you’ll just spend on crap like extra milk if you have it anyway. Think of the good of the nation!

1. My Attention is Broke
  2. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  3. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube