Chance to rate Vic via survey

The University is encouraging first- and thirdyear students to participate in the Australasian Survey of Student Engagement (AUSSE).

The survey is being conducted at Victoria for the second year alongside other Australian and New Zealand universities. Managed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), the surveys are said to provide universities with perspectives on how they can stimulate future learning in terms of student engagement.

Students are asked a number of questions ranging from interactions between students and academic staff, levels of participation in educational activities, the level of academic challenges, to how supportive the learning environment is.

The purpose, of course is to come up with evidence-based results from a student perspective which will help the university enhance the quality of education they provide.

“University management will be taking the results of this survey seriously and this means your voice will be heard,” Dr Stephen Marshall of the University Teaching Development Centre said.

Emails containing the link to the survey have been sent out to students this week. Paper copies have also been distributed. They can be dropped off or returned by reply envelope to the library to the Student Learning desk at the Library, by 28 August.

All student respondents will be entered into the draw to win a $200 book voucher redeemable at VicBooks.

1. Michael says:

What’s the web address for the survey?

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos