Dude what’s with bicycles

Bikes are pretty cool things. They allow you to get from one place to another faster than you could by walking! This is cool. And they are all green and friendly and all that. Plus, they are pretty fun to ride. All of this adds up to bikes: positive.

It doesn’t explain one thing though. Bikes have two wheels. These two wheels are insufficient to stop them falling over.

There is a good, sensible reason why cameras are mounted on a tripod. A triangle allows you to distribute force equally, so that it won’t fall over any given direction. Two points means you can distribute it… not so well. Either left or right, for the most part.

That’s why bikes fall over! Fair enough. Stand on a bike, and try to balance as hard as you like, you will fail. So what’s going on with the fact that as soon as you start pedalling, you suddenly are wonderfully balanced? This is nonsense.

Moral of the story: Bikes should either always fall over, or never. To have them only fall over when stationary does not make sense. The end.