New Zealand and Chile arrangement set to strengthen education ties

Tertiary Education Minister Pete Hodgson and Education Minister Chris Carter recently signed an educational arrangement with Chilean Foreign Minister Alejandro Foxley, allowing up to 300 Chilean students a year to study at a range of New Zealand tertiary institutions.

The Chile-New Zealand Arrangement on Human Capital Development Scholarships is intended to bring students, researchers and institutions from the two countries closer. Education Minister Chris Carter said the agreement “demonstrates the strength of our education and research ties and sets the platform to take our relationship into the 21st Century.”

The arrangement provides the framework to strengthen human capital development and the opportunity to improve the scope and quality of education for Chilean students.

In addition, the agreement offers New Zealand students, researchers and teachers assistance in attaining visas and permits for the country and guidance for enrolling in Chilean tertiary institutions.

New Zealand is one of five countries to be included in the arrangement, along with Australia, Canada, Great Britain and the United States, as part of Chile’s US$6 billion Bicentennial Fund for Human Capital Development.

1. There’s a New Editor
1