New Zealand and Chile arrangement set to strengthen education ties

Tertiary Education Minister Pete Hodgson and Education Minister Chris Carter recently signed an educational arrangement with Chilean Foreign Minister Alejandro Foxley, allowing up to 300 Chilean students a year to study at a range of New Zealand tertiary institutions.

The Chile-New Zealand Arrangement on Human Capital Development Scholarships is intended to bring students, researchers and institutions from the two countries closer. Education Minister Chris Carter said the agreement “demonstrates the strength of our education and research ties and sets the platform to take our relationship into the 21st Century.”

The arrangement provides the framework to strengthen human capital development and the opportunity to improve the scope and quality of education for Chilean students.

In addition, the agreement offers New Zealand students, researchers and teachers assistance in attaining visas and permits for the country and guidance for enrolling in Chilean tertiary institutions.

New Zealand is one of five countries to be included in the arrangement, along with Australia, Canada, Great Britain and the United States, as part of Chile’s US$6 billion Bicentennial Fund for Human Capital Development.

1. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  2. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  3. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  4. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  5. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  6. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands
  7. VUW to Begin Kelburn Liquor Ban Consultation
  8. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  9. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  10. I Lift My Eyes
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos