August 31, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

The Labour list has been announced

The Labour party has released their list for the 2008 general election. There has been a bit of a shakeup, with some old wood getting shunted, and some new sprightly branches being promoted.

The Big winners are Jacinda Ardern, Dr Rajen Prasad, Phil Twyford, and Raymond Huo – getting plum spots high up the list. They are almost guaranteed a spot in the next parliament. The big losers are Lesley Soper, who got punted right to the bottom of the sitting MPs, and Martin Gallagher and Mahara Okeroa who have been put just above her.

Its an interesting move from Labour, who obviously have realized that if they want to remain relevant in this election, they need to start promoting their new blood – the National party has been steadily doing this, with Simon Bridges in Tauranga, and even John Key himself. This new injection of faces should help to combat the message that Nats are pushing of Labour as being old and tired.

The full list follows. EDIT: It seems there has been a stuff up with the release of the list, this first version was incorrect, this one is the correct one.

(Table taken from Kiwiblog)

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos