September 22, 2008 | by  | in Games |

Games: Man Hunt

Released in 2003 and banned all across Australasia, this game inevitable rekindled the age of old debate of video game violence. It’s graphic killings, snuff film plot, and horror themes were feared incite teenage kids going out and suffocating people with shopping bags.

So naturally, everyone downloaded it and played it. And fuck it was terrible. Buggy controls, boring graphics, and repetitive levels didn’t lead themselves very well to an enjoyable game with replay value. The only possible reason was to “unlock” all the different ways to kill people with various items. Not because it was fun, or even well animated – but it just seemed like that was the only point to the game, so you might as well do it. And also, no one likes to waste bandwidth unnecessarily do they. But it really was a snore fest. Holy shit I just bashed someone’s brain out with a steel pipe. Oh Look, I just did it again, this time with a backhanded swing. That was different. It’s sequel was no better. /rolls eyes.

Genre: Stealth/Horror
Platform: PC, Playstation 2, Xbox360
Developer: Rockstar Games

1. derekguy says:

Ah… Nice review.

2. Subby Bubby says:

Ahhh… I hope Salient has a subeditor this year

3. jargon says:

initial game concept was novel. stealth action of a moderate competency, even if it was gruesome and hard to swallow. the thing that got me with manhunt is how by level 3 it was just GENERIC SHOOTAN GAME. way to follow through on your genre choices there Rockstar.