September 22, 2008 | by  | in Games |

Games: Postal 2

The point of this game is excessive, bed wetting carnage. It has no plot, and all your really required to do is run around in first person, shooting things – and amusing yourself by commiting acts of terror and vandalism. The problem is, it’s not very amusing at all. Im sorry, but there isn’t really anything particularly memorable about shooting diary owners and then having the ability to urinate (in a yellow stream of 1997 animated pixels) all over the shop. It’s boring.

What the fuck is the point? Grabbing cats, and shooting them off your shotgun like grenades isn’t that fun either. Its senseless barbarism. Sure, violence can be interesting, hilarious, and fun. Most video games are based of this very ideal. But the point is the violence happens for a reason. There is a plot and a some form of tension, backed up by character development. I love blowing up stuff in Crysis, or in GTA4, but at least I have a reason to do it. Postal cant even jump that hurdle. It runs right into it and fall over. Unless it the game really operates as some really deep post modern critique of modern consumerist society, and allows you to tap into the drive for man to let out his most primal emotions – or some shit. Pfft. This game is vacuous.

Genre: First person shooter
Platform: PC
Developer: Running with Siccors

1. derekguy says:

Very Entertaining :D

1. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube
  9. Issue 10 – Like and Subscribe
  10. An Overdue Lesson in Anatomy