Gardasil Vaccination for HPV “Your Best Shot”

From 1 September 2008 the New Zealand Government is providing the Gardasil Vaccination FREE to all young women who were born in 1990 and 1991.

Your medical records indicate that you are eligible to receive this vaccine from us at no charge.

Gardasil Vaccine will help protect you from becoming infected with the four most common Human Papilloma Viruses (HPV). This group of HPV cause the majority of genital warts and are a significant risk factor for developing cervical cancer.

Up to 70% of sexually active adults may become infected with the HPV virus during their lifetime. Anyone who is sexually active is at risk of being infected with HPV.

Thousands of women in NZ are diagnosed with cervical abnormalities (abnormal smear) and 180 diagnosed with cervical cancer every year.

Gardasil vaccination and ongoing regular cervical smears offers young women the best protection against cervical cancer and other cervical abnormalities. Student Health will be vaccinating eligible students from the 1 September.

Our vaccination clinics at Kelburn will run on;

8.30 – 10.30am and 2.30 – 4pm Wednesdays 8.30 –10am Thursdays and Fridays

Three shots are required over a 6 month period.

At Kelburn no appointment is necessary just ring and register your name or call in during one of these times. At Pipitea just make an appointment with the nurse Our friendly nursing team are looking forward to meeting you.

Go on give it “Your Best Shot”

Yours sincerely

The Student Health Team.

If you were born before 1990, Gardasil is still available to you, however there will be a charge of $450.00 for the course of three shots.

To learn more about the vaccination go to http://www.yourbestshot.co.nz

1. Jo Hudson says:

I can’t believe that you are promoting this vaccine without also explaining the side affects . There IS a reason the company that makes this vaccine has lost a lot of money lately…. look into it if you don’t believe me. If you wish to promote a vaccine, than at least do the decent thing and allow an informed choice, that is also provide the vital information about the side affects

2. Sando says:

Wait, I thought that Enalapril is a different drug right? Differently developed, different testing regime, different effects? An ACE inhibitor instead of a vaccine for a virus that is linked with cervical cancer? Merck & co. don’t just have a magic gum ball dispenser that gives out paracetamol with funny names, yeah?

3. Wee Hamish says:

(from the website mentioned)

“Does GARDASIL have any side effects?
    The most common patient complaints are skin reactions to the injection: soreness, redness, swelling and in some cases fever. For the most part these reactions have been mild. They usually improve or disappear within a few days.”

so is jo hudson lazy or just fucking stupid you decide

4. Sando says:

I perfer to think of her poorly hiding an agenda of some sorts.

So why is Jo Hudson pro cancer?

5. Wee Hamish says:

Jo Hudson in the pocket of Big Cancer

6. Sando says:

In next weeks Women’s Day: Jo Hudson on her love affair with Karori, human papillomavirus and golden doodles.

Also, cake!

7. Gordon from Glasgow says:

MMMMMMM cake an’ human papillomavirus. Tha poor man’s alternative ta ambrosia an’ syphilis.

8. jacqueline says:

Anyone looking for more information on Gardasil- do your own research. Internet Hill & Knowlton PR trolls like wee hamish work full time to knock down anyone who has something to say that doesn’t fall in line with their agenda which is to control public opinion in this case on Gardasil. Anyhow don’t listen to anyone the best thing you can do is look into yourself because MOH and the PR hype are not giving the full picture. There is already a girl in Waihi who has fallen ill from the vaccine. Do your own homework!

9. Shitkicker says:

I knew it! That Wee Hamish is working for pharmaceutical companies! Can’t trust a ging

10. Gohan_Aro_01 says:

HAH! I don’t trust you jacqueline, and I’m not going to listen to you, bitch.

I had the vaccine and I am fine.

HAH!

11. George Stanston says:

why are you such a stupid vapid cunt, jacqueline?