Viewport width =
September 22, 2008 | by  | in News |
Share on FacebookShare on Google+Pin on PinterestTweet about this on Twitter

It’s not just Indian students who can stay longer

In response to recent media coverage of the Government’s scheme to entice more Indian students to New Zealand tertiary institutions, including an article in last week’s issue of Salient, the Department of Labour has clarified that all international students who complete a New Zealand qualification could qualify to apply for a Graduate Work Search Visa or permit.

International students who gain qualifications that qualify for points under the Skilled Migrant category can apply from the permit, which was extended in November 2007 from six to 12 months in duration.

However, there are catches. According to the Department, “Students have to apply for the permit within three months after the end date of their student permit and would have to meet all relevant requirements, including evidence of sufficient funds to maintain their stay for the 12 month period.”

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Pin on PinterestTweet about this on Twitter

About the Author ()

Editor for 2010, politics nerd, panda fan and three-time award-winning student journalist.

Comments are closed.

Recent posts

  1. Laneway: Luck of the Draw
  2. Cuttin’ it with with Miss June
  3. SWAT
  4. Ravished by the Living Embodiment of All Our University Woes
  5. New Zealand’s First Rainbow Crossing is Here (and Queer)
  6. Chloe Has a Yarn About Mental Health
  7. “Stick with Vic” Makes “Insulting” and “Upsetting” Comments
  8. Presidential Address
  9. Final Review
  10. Tears Fall, and Sea Levels Rise

Editor's Pick

This Ain’t a Scene it’s a Goddamned Arm Wrestle

: Interior – Industrial Soviet Beerhall – Night It was late November and cold as hell when I stumbled into the Zhiguli Beer Hall. I was in Moscow, about to take the trans-Mongolian rail line to Beijing, and after finding someone in my hostel who could speak English, had decided